ARE YOU CONSIDERING AN ABORTION?
If you’re experiencing an unplanned pregnancy, you may be considering an abortion. If so, you’ve come to the right place for information! We can explain your options and provide you with all the facts so you can make an informed decision.
We offer free, confidential pre-abortion screenings so you can receive early pregnancy services, ask any questions, and better understand what an abortion procedure might mean for your health.
What Is A Pre-Abortion Screening?
A pre-abortion screening enables you to confirm your pregnancy, protect your sexual health, and ask a qualified medical professional any questions you may have.
It’s important to review your medical history, pregnancy’s gestational age and location, and any medications you take. All these factors can impact your abortion options, health, and safety.
What’s Included In The Pre-Abortion Screening?
We offer medical services to collect necessary information and determine how an abortion could impact your options and safety. These tools are used in the pre-abortion screening and include:
- Highly accurate pregnancy testing to verify the presence of pregnancy hormones
- An ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy and identify the gestational age and location
- STI testing and treatment to protect your current and future reproductive health, which is especially critical if considering abortion
All these things are included in our pre-abortion screening at no cost to you!
Abortion Procedures And Potential Risks
There are two main types of abortion:
- Medical abortion takes place via the abortion pill. Despite the name, the abortion pill actually consists of two drugs. These drugs work together to detach the embryo and cause contractions that expel the pregnancy tissue out of the body.
- Surgical abortion is a more invasive procedure that uses a mixture of dilation, suction, and surgical tools to manually remove the embryo or fetus from the uterus.
The risks can vary based on the type of abortion you receive.
According to Mayo Clinic, the risks of medical abortion include:
- Incomplete abortion, which may need to be followed by surgical abortion
- An ongoing pregnancy if the procedure doesn’t work
- Heavy and prolonged bleeding
- Digestive system discomfort
The risks of a dilation & curettage (D&C) surgical abortion include:
- Perforation of the uterus
- Damage to the cervix
- Scar tissue on the uterine wall
Certain pre-existing health conditions should also be considered when thinking about abortion.
MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL IMPACTS OF ABORTION
Your mental and emotional health is just as important as your physical health. After having an abortion, some women report feelings of loss, guilt, and sadness. These feelings and other mental health concerns may arise after any abortion procedure.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
While we do not perform or refer for abortions, we’re here to help you understand your options and answer any questions you might have. Our services are always free of charge and confidential.
Our priority is you. No matter your decision, we’re here to serve and support you during this unexpected time.